Serum PCT and CRP Levels in Upper Respiratory Tract Infections as a Marker of Infection
Archana Sood, Preeti Chauhan, Manisha Jain, Pradeep Dabla, Sanjay Sood
Citation Information :
Sood A, Chauhan P, Jain M, Dabla P, Sood S. Serum PCT and CRP Levels in Upper Respiratory Tract Infections as a Marker of Infection. Clin Rhinol An Int J 2013; 6 (1):1-4.
Copyright © 2013; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
How to cite this article
Chauhan P, Sood A, Jain M, Dabla P, Sood S. Serum PCT and CRP Levels in Upper Respiratory Tract Infections as a Marker of Infection. Clin Rhinol An Int J 2013;6(1):1-4.
- The health and productivity cost burden of the ‘top 10’ physical and mental conditions affecting six large US employers in 1999. J Occup Environ Med 2003;45:5-14.
- Geneva: WHO, 2000. Available from: http://www.who.int/infectious-disease-report/2000. Accessed on 10th Nov 2012.
- Current issues in upper respiratory tract infections in infants and children: Rationale for antibacterial therapy. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1994;13(1):S5-9.
- Upper respiratory tract infections. Ind J Ped 2001;68(12):1135-38.
- Bad bugs, no drugs: No ESKAPE! An update from the infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2009;48(1):1-12.
- Upper respiratory tract infection in general practice: Diagnosis, antibiotic prescribing, duration of symptoms and use of diagnostic tests. Scand J Infect Dis 2002;34(12):880-86.
- Biomarkers of sepsis: Clinically useful? Curr Opin Crit Care 2005;11:473-80.
- Diagnostic value of signs, symptoms and laboratory values in lower respiratory tract infection. Swiss Med Wkly 2006;136:434-40.
- Effect of procalcitonin guided treatment on antibiotic use and outcome in lower respiratory tract infections: Cluster randomized, singleblinded intervention trial. Lancet 2004;363:600-07.
- Antibiotic treatment of exacerbations of COPD: A randomised, controlled trial comparing procalcitonin-guidance with standard therapy. Chest 2007;131:9-19.
- Report of the Rhinosinusitis Task Force Committee Meeting. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1996;117:s1-68.
- Penicillin for acute sore throat in children: Randomized double blind trial commentary: More valid criteria may be needed. BMJ 2003;327(7427):1327-28.
- General practitioner's perception of introducing near-patient testing for common injections into routine primary care: A qualitative study. Scand J Prim Health Care 2008;26(1):17-21.
- Procalcitonin and the calcitonin gene family of peptides in inflammation, infection and sepsis: A journey from calcitonin back to its precursors. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2004:89(4):1512-25.
- Procalcitonin and its compound peptides in systemic inflammation: Immunochemical characterization. J Investig Med 1997;45(9):552-60.
- In vitro and in vivo stimulation of procalcitonin by TNFα and IL-6. J Anasthes Intensiv Ther 2001;2:58-60.
- Procalcitonin expression in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells and its modulation by lipopolysaccharides and sepsis-related cytokines in vitro. J Lab Clin Med 1999;134:49-55.
- Procalcitonin increases in early identification of critically ill patients at high risk of mortality. Crit Care Med 2006;34(10):2596-602.
- Procalcitonin versus C-reactive protein for predicting pneumonia in adults with lower respiratory tract infection in primary care. Br J Gen Pract 2007;57(540):555-60.
- Correlation of procalcitonin and C-reactive protein to inflammation, complications and outcome during the intensive care unit course of multiple trauma patients. Crit Care 2006;10:1-10.
- Detection of procalcitonin (PCT) in healthy controls and patients with local infection by a sensitive ILMA. Clin Lab 2002;48:263-70.
- Serum Procalcitonin concentrations in bacterial pneumonia in children: A negative result in primary healthcare settings. Pediatr Pulmonol 2003;35(1):56-61.
- C-reactive protein and serum procalcitonin levels as markers of bacterial upper respiratory tract infections. Am J Infect Dis 2009;5(4):292-97.
- Procalcitonin guided antibiotic use versus a standard approach for acute respiratory tract infections in primary care. Arch Intern Med 2008;168(18):2000-07.
- Procalcitonin guidance and reduction of antibiotic use in acute respiratory tract infection. Eur Respir J 2010;36(3):601-07.