Serum PCT and CRP Levels in Upper Respiratory Tract Infections as a Marker of Infection
Archana Sood, Preeti Chauhan, Manisha Jain, Pradeep Dabla, Sanjay Sood
Citation Information :
Sood A, Chauhan P, Jain M, Dabla P, Sood S. Serum PCT and CRP Levels in Upper Respiratory Tract Infections as a Marker of Infection. Clin Rhinol An Int J 2013; 6 (1):1-4.
Copyright © 2013; The Author(s).
How to cite this article
Chauhan P, Sood A, Jain M, Dabla P, Sood S. Serum PCT and CRP Levels in Upper Respiratory Tract Infections as a Marker of Infection. Clin Rhinol An Int J 2013;6(1):1-4.
- The health and productivity cost burden of the ‘top 10’ physical and mental conditions affecting six large US employers in 1999. J Occup Environ Med 2003;45:5-14.
- Geneva: WHO, 2000. Available from: http://www.who.int/infectious-disease-report/2000. Accessed on 10th Nov 2012.
- Current issues in upper respiratory tract infections in infants and children: Rationale for antibacterial therapy. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1994;13(1):S5-9.
- Upper respiratory tract infections. Ind J Ped 2001;68(12):1135-38.
- Bad bugs, no drugs: No ESKAPE! An update from the infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2009;48(1):1-12.
- Upper respiratory tract infection in general practice: Diagnosis, antibiotic prescribing, duration of symptoms and use of diagnostic tests. Scand J Infect Dis 2002;34(12):880-86.
- Biomarkers of sepsis: Clinically useful? Curr Opin Crit Care 2005;11:473-80.
- Diagnostic value of signs, symptoms and laboratory values in lower respiratory tract infection. Swiss Med Wkly 2006;136:434-40.
- Effect of procalcitonin guided treatment on antibiotic use and outcome in lower respiratory tract infections: Cluster randomized, singleblinded intervention trial. Lancet 2004;363:600-07.
- Antibiotic treatment of exacerbations of COPD: A randomised, controlled trial comparing procalcitonin-guidance with standard therapy. Chest 2007;131:9-19.
- Report of the Rhinosinusitis Task Force Committee Meeting. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1996;117:s1-68.
- Penicillin for acute sore throat in children: Randomized double blind trial commentary: More valid criteria may be needed. BMJ 2003;327(7427):1327-28.
- General practitioner's perception of introducing near-patient testing for common injections into routine primary care: A qualitative study. Scand J Prim Health Care 2008;26(1):17-21.
- Procalcitonin and the calcitonin gene family of peptides in inflammation, infection and sepsis: A journey from calcitonin back to its precursors. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2004:89(4):1512-25.
- Procalcitonin and its compound peptides in systemic inflammation: Immunochemical characterization. J Investig Med 1997;45(9):552-60.
- In vitro and in vivo stimulation of procalcitonin by TNFα and IL-6. J Anasthes Intensiv Ther 2001;2:58-60.
- Procalcitonin expression in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells and its modulation by lipopolysaccharides and sepsis-related cytokines in vitro. J Lab Clin Med 1999;134:49-55.
- Procalcitonin increases in early identification of critically ill patients at high risk of mortality. Crit Care Med 2006;34(10):2596-602.
- Procalcitonin versus C-reactive protein for predicting pneumonia in adults with lower respiratory tract infection in primary care. Br J Gen Pract 2007;57(540):555-60.
- Correlation of procalcitonin and C-reactive protein to inflammation, complications and outcome during the intensive care unit course of multiple trauma patients. Crit Care 2006;10:1-10.
- Detection of procalcitonin (PCT) in healthy controls and patients with local infection by a sensitive ILMA. Clin Lab 2002;48:263-70.
- Serum Procalcitonin concentrations in bacterial pneumonia in children: A negative result in primary healthcare settings. Pediatr Pulmonol 2003;35(1):56-61.
- C-reactive protein and serum procalcitonin levels as markers of bacterial upper respiratory tract infections. Am J Infect Dis 2009;5(4):292-97.
- Procalcitonin guided antibiotic use versus a standard approach for acute respiratory tract infections in primary care. Arch Intern Med 2008;168(18):2000-07.
- Procalcitonin guidance and reduction of antibiotic use in acute respiratory tract infection. Eur Respir J 2010;36(3):601-07.